Also most don't know this but light themes of Pharo were in part hard
coded. Esteban in order to create the dark theme which is based on the most
popular dark theme ( if my memory serves correctly) , Darcula , he had to
remove all this nasty code. He essentially made it possible for Pharo to
have themes without worrying about hard coded colors. So if you ever want
to make the light theme even lighter you have the dark theme to thank for
making it easier for you.

Quite an irony , would not agree ?

If the doctors say your eye sight is great , he knows what he is talking
about.

Black foreground against dark grey background sound like a bug. Care to
share a screenshot ?