Hi Sean--

> I'd like to create HTML via a DSL, like Seaside's canvas builder, but
> without loading a whole web framework. Any ideas?

     In Pharo on the SqueakJS virtual machine in a web browser[1], I
sketch with live DOM objects, and write them out as HTML. This way, the
DSL is the actual JavaScript DOM API which is sitting in the web browser
anyway, although driven with Smalltalk messages over the JS bridge. I'm
also assured that everything I do with the DOM objects is legitimate,
and I can handle DOM API errors live in Smalltalk.

-C

[1] https://caffeine.js.org/pharo

--
Craig Latta