fair enough you think namespaces are not the right solution, what you think
is the right solution then ?

As much I hate C++ , no I will have to disagree with your there, bad
language design sure, but many of the "bad design" choices they make are
based on the fact that this is a pure performance orientated language. Oh
and we still wait for the real C++ alternative. Rust people claim they are
close, D people claim they are close, everyone claims its very close, but
still no alternative. Well I dont count C becaue its not OO, even if you
claim C++ an abomination of OOP. I can guarantee that the dude that will
come up with a language as fast as C++ and much better design he is going
to make a fortune. In the mean time , those that have to use C++ will
continue to use C++ and wait for the extemely remote competition to catch
up. In the mean time C++ is the undisputed king in its speciality.

Unfortunately coming up with a top performance language is a lot more than
language design, live coding and OOP. Took ages for C and C++ to get to the
level of optimisation they are nowdays. That's no easy feat even if you or
I dont find interesting.

So yes the modules that C++ will come up with, will be as ugly as hell,
templates that suppose to be there as an alternative to dynamic typing etc
are ugly as hell, but I dont see much protest in getting them removed. And
there cases you cannot even use these "improvements" because ... well
performance issues. While other languages worry how many times slower they
are compared to C++, C++ worries about how much percentage of performance
it loses with each added feature. C++ exits in a diffirent universe than
the one that Smalltalk, Python, Ruby etc exist on and is a very lonely one.