Andy,

I use the filesystem for it. Let‘s say you have a directory called „scripts“.
If you inspect

‘scripts‘ asFileReference

you get kind of a browser of the files in there. If the have the file extension
.st syntax highlighting is enabled if you look at it. You can create new
scripts there,too.
I like that the most because the scripts are not in the image anymore and the
probability to loose them is lower.

I have a scripts folder in my home directory (global) and one in the project
folder (project specific). And inspectors to bith location are opened by the
script that prepares a new image.

Norbert