Thanks all, Sven solution works.

Yes this is not JSON it's some kind of JSON-like format (Is it yml ? I
don't know it might be proprietary).

I was naive and thought there was some metadata in files precising the
encoding used, and that #readStream on FileReference was able to pick
automatically the correct decoder. Obviously it isn't the case.

Thanks anyway.