Based on the icon and my mobile dev experience ...

Either you need the Pushover app (hence the 'P' icon) to get a push
notification or you can make your mobile app the recipient of the push
notification (like UrbanAirship does) by including a library in your mobile app.

For SMS I generally use Twilio or Plivo - either is a perfectly decent SMS
service.

Twilio and Plivo have similar REST apis and would have similar looking calls.

-Todd Blanchard