Thanks Markus.

I already saw an improvement when building drgeo against latest 32bits P7: drgeo image down to 39.9MB...

I use image cleaner plus some packages removal of my own[1], left over of the cleaning I was doing on P3. Many of my package cleaning of P4 break on P7. There is still place for improvement. I remembered doing  it one by on P3, keeping the safe one, then excluding the one breaking the image.

Now if there is a guide to try bootstrap without the need to hit the head on the door, I am interested to read it.

Hilaire

[1] https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~drgeo-developers/drgeo/trunk/files/506/src/DrGeoII-Installer