On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 9:08 PM, Stephan Eggermont <step...@stack.nl> wrote:

> Siemen Baader <siemenbaa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > What else could I do, apart from removing the element from its tree,
> > creating a new (subclass) instance and then putting this element in place
> > of the old one? Some #perform or `super` magic..?

Use composition? Generate accessing code where necessary.

Hm yes.. This is probably what I'll end up doing eventually. I was trying
to save a lot of typing work. XMLElement and ILHTMLBuilder both have useful
interfaces, and some of it is called from behind the scenes by their
respective frameworks.

> Is this very performance critical code?

I don't think so. But it is the HTML construction code of a web app, so it
*might* become a bottleneck. I don't treat it like this ATM.

Siemen