Hi Hilaire,
  thanks for spliting the subject, I have missed the discussion in the
other thread.

The #unload message should be used to clean up the system in case the class
is unload from the system.
That's why the logic has been move to the #resetCurrent method that is
called during the shutdown of the image.

However, the question is not if the method should be included in a
compatibility package or if the users should send #resetCurrent.
The problem is why it is needed to clean up the font cache, it should not
be needed. The only scenario I think is if you want to replace a font (in
the Pharo world a Face, because there is a font per each combination of
face and point size) named exactly the same with another one. I think this
is no normal behavior.

I will try to see why this is needed when loading DrGeo in Pharo7 and fix
the FT implementation not to need it.
Maybe it is hiding a bigger issue.

Cheers,
Pablo