Esteban A. Maringolo wrote:
On 13/04/2018 10:41, p...@highoctane.be wrote:
A somewhat unique name makes it easier to google for it (like Roassal
Pharo, or DeepTraverser Pharo, or Zinc Pharo).
These will give us hits that are relevant.

Try System Browser, Inspector...

Just a bit of a bikeshedding here:

But I prefer these names:
* Calypso System Browser

Calypso Browser Display

* Calypso Debugger

Calypso Debugger Display
Calypso Debugger Gear

* Iceberg Source Control Management\

Iceberg SCM Display
Iceberg SCM Gear

* Zinc HTTP Client

Zinc Web Client Gear

* Zinc HTTP Server

Zinc Web Server Gear

* Fuel Serialization

Fuel Serialization Gear

* Glamorous Spotter [*]

Spotter Search Display
Spotter Search Gear

* etc.

[*] I particularly dislike "Glamorous" adjective.

In the case of wrapper for libraries I'm hesitant to decide whether to
indicate pharo name in it or not.
I mean stuff like a NaCl wrapper calling it "NaCl-Pharo" instead of
calling "Salty".

NaCl Adapter

Ending with "... Display", "... Gear" and "... Adapter" high-level categorization. Question, is separation of UI and underlying machinery always possible.

Let's try SystemBrowserMeccano (longish), or SystemBrowserPack (too
bland), or SystemBrowserGear (why not), SystemBrowserRig (this one
sounds cool actually)).

Fortunately in the past the lack of namespaces caused the use of
prefixes instead of suffixes.

With time prefixes become invisible.

A suffix, instead, will get into all your names, bothering with other
existing suffixes like `Component`, `Model`, `Collection`, and so on.