Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
the problem is that tonel relies in a .properties file to know a repository
format.
and for backward compatibility, if this .properties file is not present,
iceberg assumes the repository is a plain old “filetree” repository.

so, until we figure out how to provide both things (a nice tonel switch and
backwar compatibility), the workaround is to commit a .properties file into you
root repository, with this form:

{
        #format : #tonel
}

and of course, that’s before doing anything image-side.

Yeah, that was maybe what I actually did, somehow. I faintly remember only doing something with .properties first... maybe I achieved it by getting to the newly created repo instance by some allInstances filtering and setting it to tonel format by some message send then committing it empty so .properties got there... anyway thanks for clarifying it for the next time.

cheers,
Esteban