On 08/06/2018 08:30, Tim Mackinnon wrote:
> Hi, I’ve noticed lately when using a reasonably recent Pharo 6.1 setup that
> if I restart a method in the debugger - particularly from a breakpoint or
> correcting a dnu issue the environment frequently locks up. Fearing the worst
> (after a few seconds), if I repeatedly press cmd . (Say 5 times) after 10
> seconds more it comes back with 30 debugger Windows typically with something
> like Instance of Xxxx dnu: #someMethod (which is legit as I might have a now
> corrupt inst bar).
>
> I understand the error, but why does it lockup and require the cmd . Dance?
>
> I dont recall earlier Pharos doing this (and not other smalltalks).
>
> Should I report this?

It was reported years ago [1], there was a bug and an issue, and it was
supposedly fixed, apparently it wasn't.

In some cases that recursion caused a "detachment" of the image from the
changes, it is, the image starts complaining that it can't find the
changes file, so all methods lose the source and you better discard that
image without saving, because if you do, you'll never be able to
"reattach" it.

I don't know if it is still around in Pharo 7.

Regards,

[1] https://twitter.com/emaringolo/status/603939752098816000

--
Esteban A. Maringolo