> On Jun 15, 2018, at 2:05 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <esteba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 15 Jun 2018, at 10:29, Tim Mackinnon <tim@testit.works
>> <mailto:tim@testit.works>> wrote:
>>

>> In many parts of the dev world - every commit should be shippable, meaning
>> atomic - particularly with the use of CI systems (Travis, Gitlab etc) that
>> build on every commit.
>
> but then, you mean every *push* should be shippable :)
> that’s something I agree :)

The way we run projects - pushing to master is forbidden.  You push your work
to a feature specific branch, a CI server runs all the tests in the branch
every push.  We create pull requests from the github project page, people
review them and when the tests are green and reviewers approve, we perform the
merge on github.

Never touch master (or whatever branch you pick for main trunk) outside of
github.  Always perform new work in new branch.