Thanks, Kilon for such an insightful answer. Lots of stuff to think about.
I guess what I was waiting for is some success stories (which we already
have on the website), but coming from you guys as consultants saying
something like: "oh, this year I have more projects than last year" or "now
my network of Smalltalk aware customers is that much bigger" or "a friend
of mine who works in company XYZ says that after some consideration they
started to use Pharo for micro services instead of Java".
I know, it's hard to measure the success level in numbers (other than the
example you gave with github stats), more like the word of mouth kind of
thing.
Another metrix could be the subscription rate for this mailing list, since
chances are that most of new Pharo users would be on it and the
acceleration of that rate would definitely say something about Pharo
success. Wondering if we have access to that data.
Thanks for your insight!