Damien Pollet wrote on 9. 7. 2018 17:38:
Hi all,

I'm starting to port / reimplement existing command line handlers using Clap. There's a dozen, but I wonder which ones are the most relied upon, because it's a good opportunity for refactoring the command line API as a whole and simplifying it or at least making it more orthogonal.

For instance I discovered there is a "perform" command, which is sort of redundant with the "eval" one. Similarly there are both a "configuration" and a "metacello" handlers which seem to have the same exact purpose…

The default (.st file), save, update, ge£

Herby

Since Clap can exist besides the current command-line handlers, we can have a deprecation period to minimize breakage and leave time for people to adapt before we kill old command line handlers for real.

--
Damien Pollet

P.S.: What I would like regarding of the command-line, is if linux/osx/windows did the same regarding save/no-save/quit/no-quit then running .st file. I have to include #save:andQuit: send in my .st files b/c in Win it keeps running. But I understand this is actually VMs having different options on different platforms. Anyway, would be _really_ nice.