Aaand the mail got sent before :)

Then two other comments that are related or I'd like to discuss:
  - So far we can allow in iceberg several projects with the same name.
That is not a problem, so you can clone the same project from two different
repositories. Of course this would mean that one will be dirty all the time
(in comparison against the image).
  - I'd like to "rethink" the directory structure. We have chosen to use
{owner}/{repository} for some time now, but that is only valid for those
hostings that store repositories under a username (e.g.,
github/gitlab/bitbucket) and is not valid for other kind of git
hostings/server (e.g., a home gitolite).
    This makes that the directory where the repositories are, suddenly
mixes different structures {owner}/{repository} and {repository}, and we
pay that lack of coherence afterwards... But making a purely flat structure
will cause much more name clashes. And there is some story with Metacello
compatibility around it too!
    I'm just not sure what is the bestish solution here. Maybe what we have
is good enough, but if somebody would like to prototype around this, I'd be
glad to learn more about pros and cons ^^.

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer