I haven't used MDL before, but moving code around I found that you are
not nesting the MDL tags properly.

The #mdlLayout must contain all the other elements, including the header.

So using your own classes the best way would be to do the following:

TBApplicationRootComponent>>renderContentOn: html
html mdlLayout
 beFixedHeader;
 with: main

TBSScreenComponent>>renderContentOn: html
html render: header
html mdlLayoutContainer: [  self renderPageContentOn: html ].

TBSScreenComponent>>renderPageContentOn: html
self subclassResponsibility

TBPostsListComponent>>renderPageContentOn: html
html heading level:2 ; with: 'Here comes the sun'

Regards.

Esteban A. Maringolo