>> On 6 Mar 2019, at 16:08, Sean P. DeNigris <s...@clipperadams.com
>> <mailto:s...@clipperadams.com>> wrote:
>>
>> cedreek wrote
>>> Still havent get my head around this FORK/PR cycle but I will for sure one
>>> day :)
>>
>> It took me quite a while to grok. Fork = 'personal remote clone' and: [ PR =
>> 'UI support for discussing, testing, and accepting commits’ ]

I got the basic idea but just need to dive in this ’troubling’ water ^^

Quite complex but I know this is powerful.

> It took me even longer to realise that when you load your master branch - you
> still need to pull changes from the original unforked repository (into your
> local repository) and then push them back up to your fork, AND then branch to
> make a change. For ages I was was getting unrelated diff changes even though
> I thought I had started on “master”.
>
> I’m hoping there will be a talk about all of this at Pharo Days. When you get
> it right its awesome - but when you take a mis-step its quite confusing until
> you realise what the pieces mean. (And I’m sure I still have the model wrong,
> but its fun learning more each day)

Yes this kind of small tips are really important to not being confused. And
that is what’s confusing.

I think maybe what we miss would be a tutorial and a sandbox project so people
can play with (quite intimidating to do his first PR the wrong way).

Cheers,

Cédrick