So writing my answer I came to the conclusion to visithttps://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/book-result/Mustache/Mustache.html again.

BTW: Good work, thanks for both implementing and documenting Mustache this nicely!

And I found {{& which keeps Mustache from escaping. By combinng {{=## and {{& for the "insertion points" I can now render table data with $& as column seprators from Smalltalk. No need for the \catcode any more.

But this is not the end of the story. Now I get 'misplaced alignment tab character' errors from LaTeX whenever the text contains an &. Because LaTeX wants & to be escaped as \& ;-))))

So now I can transport my &'s to Latex without much trouble by using ##&, but LaTeX needs the & which are intended to be printed as & to be escaped, just not as html entities but tex entities ;-)

Does anybody have a solution for this already or should I try to use Mustache and bend it to my LaTeX needs...?

Joachim

P.S.: some problems look so easy at the beginning and open a wide universe of unmatching available solutions when you attack them. I cannot use bindWith: because of the % signs, expandMakrosWith: also doesn't work, and Mustache is not suitable out of the box. It's worth a laugh, but somehow it's not funny...

Objektfabrik Joachim Tuchel          mailto:jtuc...@objektfabrik.de
Fliederweg 1                         http://www.objektfabrik.de
D-71640 Ludwigsburg                  http://joachimtuchel.wordpress.com
Telefon: +49 7141 56 10 86 0         Fax: +49 7141 56 10 86 1