But your reading of non-interest in CS within the sub-culture of blacks
and women is a confirmation bias, reading from numbers in a circular
fashion: low inscription numbers in sub-cultures show a non-interest,
which is confirmed by those low numbers.

I can tell you first hand that my impossibility to assist yearly to ESUG
is not because the non-interest in the "Colombian subculture", which I
belong to, about live coding or Smalltalk. In fact I learned Pharo by
making Grafoscopio[1], despite of poor OOP undergrad classes and thanks
to a self/family funded PhD studies that were *not* on computer science.
But I know people here that is willing to learn and they don't have
proper time/resources to do it. Despite the Colombia visa issues (and
stupid jokes about Escobar at immigration and else where, because a
Hispanic with a different visa has different issues, or not) and despite
of the funding issues or my self learn English, that make my
participation difficult in international events, I have privileges that
many around have not. Instead of making them invisible, thinking in
technology/code as being build "ex nihilo", disregarding context and
people involve in such endeavors, I try to deconstruct them and be
inclusive. That's why I care about diversity and respect being explicit
in the community (for example in the CoC)

[1] http://mutabit.com/grafoscopio/en.html

But as said, your contributions to the project and the soundness of your
arguments on the source code repository via PR, will be the more heavy
that the longest mail thread we can have here.

Cheers,

Offray