Yes, it’s everywhere, but its representation in Iceberg seems awkward or
incomplete.

How? This requires an explanation at least, isn’t?

I’ve not been able to link to a repo and use it for any length of time without
a problem.  Sometimes the problem is a VM crash.

Because remember, what seems awkward to you, may fit others perfectly.

Store seems to work better, even with its problems.

I’ve been able to crash several Pharo VMs with routine repo operations.

First, in any case this talks worst about the VM (and us developing it) than
about git in particular :)

Second, where are the reports so we can look at them?

I reported in the main list, but did not give a reproducible test-case.   I’ve
not much time to work on it, but the PharoJS is more interesting to me now than
the rest of Pharo in general.

And third, there are known problems about file names and PATH length in
windows, that are not related to git problems but the usage of git unveils it
(which was the problem on the recent thread).

Right, the string in the last walkback was under the limit.   What was that
about?   Shall I dump the stack trace?

This is why I backed away recently from Pharo--that and the mush (see below).

Your choice, but we would have love to know your problems before. Yes, probably
that wouldn’t have change anything, but at least we would have put in the radar
your problems. In particular what you try to explain below.

The other thing that keeps me planted firmly in VW is the sheer speed of it.
Pharo looks generally much better, but it’s mushy, and that’s a problem.  VW is
not.  Gestural dynamics are very quick, well under 100 ms latency, often less
than 20 ms.  I’m seeing 100, 150, and 200 ms regularly in Pharo.  It’s too
mushy, and that slows the mind.   Any developer understands this, whether he
talks about it or not.  So I’m wondering when the Pharo GUI will snap as well
as VW.  One thing that would help is to give the option of button-down
selection in Settings, but even this is not enough.  I tweaked the code, and
made it so, but still was not happy:  not enough snap and crackle.   You may
have acclimated and not noticed the problem, depending on how long you’ve been
using Pharo.

… because I do not understand what are you talking about :)

The word “mushy” does not says a lot to me (as I am not native English speaker,
I may lost something obvious).

you talk about speed on response of the Pharo UI or something else?

Yes.

If you talk about that, well… we can’t do much to help you in the short term,
but we are certainly working to improve that for Pharo 8 and 9, so stay tuned :)

Mushy == slow == high latencies following mostly mouse clicks.    I think
that’s even a bigger problem for me than Iceberg, which can probably be fixed
more easily.