jtuchel wrote
> I guess this has its roots in long-ongoing discussions about the
> anticipated disadvantages of image-based development in general.

I would also add that IMHO a lot of (or maybe almost all) the angst of
possible image crashes comes during development (with increasing risks as
experiments get more exotic or delve deeper into the kernel), not
deployment. Crashing may be less of an issue now for professional use since
there is a development/deployment distinction, unlike historically and in a
pure Dynabook vision where all users are developers.

-----
Cheers,
Sean