On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 2:23 PM Christopher Fuhrman <
christopher.fuhr...@etsmtl.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Oct 2019 at 12:24, Christopher Fuhrman <
> christopher.fuhr...@etsmtl.ca> wrote:
>
>>  ... expecting to find a link to a tutorial
>>

> Google helped me find it:
> https://pharoweekly.wordpress.com/2015/03/07/athenssketch-how-to-browse-cool-athens-graphics-example/
>
> I subclassed as suggested and re-typed the drawStepOn: method (I had to do
> it in a System Browser, as the SketchBrowser gave me troubles to compile,
> in Pharo 8 at least). It works as shown in the video (more or less). The
> graphics portal has no window frame, but you can move it around.
>
> However, making the live changes in Pharo 8 finally leads to a bad state:
> [image: image.png]
>
> When I have more time, I'll try it with Pharo 7. It's a great demo for
> live programming.

I have done the original video as a example of a great demo for live
programming.
Apparently my video was copied without permissions and without reference to
the original work.

It would be nice to redo the demo like the one I have done.

Regards,

--
Serge Stinckwic

Int. Research Unit
 on Modelling/Simulation of Complex Systems (UMMISCO)
Sorbonne University
 (SU)
French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)
niversity of Yaoundé I, Cameroon
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for
machines to execute."
https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich