On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 2:42 AM Alexandre Bergel via Pharo-users
<pharo-users@lists.pharo.org> wrote:

> Hi Cyril,
>
> I tried something to remove some large blob from the history. The code source
> of Roassal2 is about 7Mb large, but the .git folder is about 150 Mb!
> But at the end, it was the push was rejected because some pullrequests exist.
> So, I did not suspect that I had an impact. Sorry about that.
>
> Help is welcome to shrink Roassal2’s .git folder.

Hi,

A force push is a destructive operation. It's really not recommended
to use it on a used project in any case. Even if it's to win some
space, it's not worth it.

For the .git folder, in general when they grow too much it's often
only local. The .git folder of my local clone of roassal is 384B and I
have it since month and it is up to date.
The "easy" solution is to clone again.

Most of the time when I have a clone that is too big, the command `git
gc` is enough to shrink it.

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr