> cedreek wrote
>> To me, far better than using Soup.
>
> Ah, interesting! I use Soup almost exclusively. What did you find superior
> about XMLParserHTML? I may give it a try...

It’s mainly xpath which I find easier than navigating the html tree with soup
or even The xmlHtmlparser.

I usually copy the xpath form a web inspector. I have to tweak it a bit though.

> cedreek wrote
>> Google chrome pharo integration helps top to scrap complex full JS web
>> site like google ;)
>
> Also interesting! Any publicly available examples? How does one load "Google
> chrome pharo integration"? Also, there is often the "poor man's" way (albeit
> requiring manual intervention) by inspecting the Ajax http requests in a
> developer console and then recreating directly in Pharo.

I just tried it once.

There is a google chrome plugin that allows to use chrome headless to get the
fully loaded html page.

I need to try it again. A simple example I’d like to do is to scrap google and
remove advertised content ^^

This is btw Torsten package:

https://github.com/astares/Pharo-Chrome

Happy scrapping ;-)