Hi,

I just ran into the very same problem and into further problems when building
from source. I will try to see which help I can provide to come to a solution:

libgit2 requires libssh2 which requires OpenSSL 1.0.x which is not
installed/installable.

Building fails as OpenSUSE puts amd64 libraries into a lib64 folder. Manually
copying it around fixes the build.

I am using OpenSUSE tumbleweed right now (a rolling release Linux distribution).

holger