> On 20 May 2020, at 18:59, G B <g_patri...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> From: G B <g_patri...@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [Pharo-users] New user
> Date: 20 May 2020 at 18:59:15 CEST
> To: Any question about pharo is welcome <pharo-users@lists.pharo.org>
>

> Thank you all for your comments.  I'm using Pharo on Windows and I
> uninstalled it completely and reinstalled, so I will use your suggestions.
>
> Another question, if I may, is what order of books should I use?  I purchased
> "Pharo 5 by Example" (because it was newer than "Pharo by Example," "Learning
> Object-Oriented Programming, Design, and TDD with Pharo," "Deep Into Pharo"
> (which I know would be after PBE), and "Enterprise Pharo" (which would
> probably be after Deep into Pharo).

You mentioned that you know how to program so in a couple of days you should
get up to speed.
Our data is that 3rd students takes two weeks and I know people that did the
mooc in speed run in two days.

I would follow the mooc.
You will get much faster and there is an image 32 that is in sync with the mooc
version.
The mooc is of excellent quality because we put 10 years of teaching experience
in it.

We are working on a mooc version with Pharo by Example 80.
We are about to release 70 new videos of scenarios around Pharo 80.
Just verifying the titles of such slides and videos take time.

Then you can read in diagonal Pharo by Example (I hope to get some time to
update chapter 3 this week-end).
After I would read in diagonal some chapters there and there and ask questions.

I think that in a couple of days you should get up to start developing a small
app.
You do not need to know everything.

In PBE8 there are two new chapters on Pharo and git. To get started.

Deep into Pharo is not really needed. This is more extra knowledge and I’m
currently updating some chapters for
P8.

I extracted the Zinc HTTP chapters, but you can develop seaside without caring
about http.
To get started you need to know how to define a class and a method.

S.