Hello

Hi jonathan

I have to check because this is the first book we wrote with Pillar.
Normally with more recent books I add a build to produce automatically the pdf
(but I have to check because latex is sometimes super boring
-like not offering the same packages).

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to be able to build the EnterprisePharo book, so I might contribute
> to it with some improvements. However, the README seems to be out of date.

What you can do is to issue PRs if they break we will

> The 'download.sh' file mentioned under 'Download Pillar' is not there.
> There's a 'subdownload.sh' file, but that doesn't do or output anything, and
> looking into it, the URL returns a 404
> (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pillar-markup/pillar/master/download.sh
> <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pillar-markup/pillar/master/download.sh>).
>
> So I manually cloned the pillar git project from
> https://github.com/pillar-markup/pillar
> <https://github.com/pillar-markup/pillar>. I checked out tag v7.7.4, since
> that was mentioned for Pharo booklets. Building that works, resulting in a
> pillar 'executable'.
>
> However, after installing MacText, executing 'pillar build pdf' fails with
> the message: FileDoesNotExistException:
> '/Users/jvalteren/git/EnterprisePharo/_support'. Looking at the structure
> created by the command 'pillar archetype book', it seems that '_support' is
> the new name for the 'support' folder that does.

Yes. between pillar 6 and 7 we revisited fully the pipeline and the
configuration managed and many more.

> So, I created a symlink from '_support' to 'support' and tried building
> again, but that fails with the message: KeyNotFound: latexWriter. This seems
> to be related to the contents of the 'pillar.conf' file.

What we can try is to copy the _support file of a more recent version + edit
the config and index/main.pillar files.
I will be try to find some time this evening.

> Instead of trying to guess what's going on and try different things to fix
> this and get it built, I thought to reach out here :-)
>
> Can anyone tell me what to do so I can start making changes to the book?

First send a PR so that it is not lost.

> I'm on macOS Catalina by the way, so 64-bit only.
>

> Thanks!
>

>  <https://objectguild.com/>
> Jonathan van Alteren
> Founding Member | Object Guild B.V.
> Sustainable Software for Purpose-Driven Organizations
>
> jvalte...@objectguild.com <mailto:jvalte...@objectguild.com>

Stéphane Ducasse
http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr / http://www.pharo.org
03 59 35 87 52