> On 2 Aug 2020, at 16:45, tbrunz <wild.id...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I found the same problem only yesterday when I tried "Extract method" in
> Pharo 8 (for the first time).
>
> Comprehensive UI tests would be a great thing.  But complicated to create.
> Like writing tutorials for GUI-based applications.  ;^)

the problem is that right now we can write tests for UI and we try hard to do
it but
as soon as we have a pop up we do not have yet a way to capture this
interaction.
We were discussing about it and got it by the covid.

> Is there a way to emulate a GUI user and the actions of mouse moves & clicks
> (as well as keypresses)?
Yes.
You can have a look at Spec20 tests

> And to capture the results of pointing, clicking,
> right-click menu selections, etc?
>
> Is there a UI testing framework for Pharo that includes this?  If not,
> should we start building one?

We are missing a way to model pop up and more.

> How much of the above is tied directly to Spec2 and how much is part of the
> core elements of Pharo?
>
> -t

Stéphane Ducasse
http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr / http://www.pharo.org