The library not found problem has been resolved. We are now back to a VM
crash when GTK is used. Pharo-Mars is still not running on Ubuntu.

For those who want the details -

The library problem was caused by Ubuntu not creating a symbolic link
libGtk-3.so. It only has a libGtk-3.so.0 link.

When I created the libGtk-3.so link, I got a VM crash when the image starts
up.

I see that Estaban has recently fixed the library issue by adding
libGtk-3.so.0 to the library search path. He has also changed something in
the startup of Pharo-Mars because I no longer get a VM crash when the Image
starts up - I now get the crash when a GTK  Spec application starts up.

I'm just waiting for Estaban to update the issue to say he's had a chance to
look at the crash.