On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 10:04 PM Roelof Wobben via Pharo-users <
pharo-users@lists.pharo.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have this challenge from exercism :
> https://github.com/exercism/pharo-smalltalk/tree/master/exercises/clock
>
> and this function is given :
>
> hour: anInteger minute: anInteger2
>      self shouldBeImplemented
>

> Schould I make it on this class method work that the minutes will not
> exceed the 59 minutes
> So when for example when 70 min are given so hour:0  minute:70 it will
> be converted to hour: 1 minutes: 10

I would argue against that approach. Make it a requirement that a given API
must be used with correct values.
e.g. #hours:minutes: requires hours between 00 and 23 and minutes between
00 and 59.

If you want to convert equivalent time values, use a specific API. For
example, many time implementations publicly define a seconds-based API,
such as Time class>>#fromSeconds:. You can do the same with your
implementation with a class-side #fromMinutes: method. (The corresponding
instance methods would be #asSeconds and #asMinutes or something similar.)

or can I better do this on the instance side.