Hi, Vince,

I don't know exactly Pharo, but when you fork a process, it becomes
an independent thread of work. So in that process you can send your
async call and wait for a response and then do the work. All inside the
forked process.
It's the smallalk's scheduler that will take care of passing control to
other available (green) threads
So it's not clear from me what you need. If you have many forked processes,
each one will do is work up to the end. No need to resume it from outside.

hth
ciao

giorgio