Dear all,

This Thursday (Nov 3) at the Serious Metaphysics Group, Tim Button will
present a talk entitled 'I Disappear' (abstract below). The seminar will
be at 1.00-2.30pm, at the Philosophy faculty board room. Feel free to
bring lunch along.

For the rest of the Michaelmas term card, have a look here:
http://www.phil.cam.ac.uk/seminars-phil/SMG [1]

Best wishes,
Li Li

--

ABSTRACT

There are ways of thinking about the self - the subject of experience -
which push us towards saying daft things, such as "I am the tree of
life, and all living things are my branches". Since we don't want to
make such daft claims, we need to drop the ways of thinking that push us
towards them. Drawing on Wittgenstein's Blue Books, I shall sketch how.
--

Li Li Tan
PhD Candidate in Philosophy

Links: