It's a great book.  The information and pictures in it are fantastic!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ron L'Herault
  To: 'Antique Phonograph List'
  Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2004 2:49 PM
  Subject: RE: [Phono-L] Arionola

  I don't have that book yet.  Drat.

  Ron L

  -----Original Message-----
  From: phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.com [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.com]
  On Behalf Of gpaul2...@aol.com
  Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2004 9:44 AM
  To: phon...@oldcrank.com

  For whatever it's worth, we show an Arionola on page 194 of "Discovering

  Antique Phonographs."  They're cute machines.

  George Paul

From pgvancouver  Mon Feb 16 17:55:00 2004
From: pgvancouver (Patrick Gunn)
Date: Sun Dec 24 13:10:32 2006
Subject: [Phono-L] Help with a Standard Talking Machine motor

Hi all,

I'm a little puzzled with the speed control unit on a Standard Talking
Machine (Columbia-made motors).

You can see the photos by following the link below (each photo is
approx. 100k in filesize):

http://www.patrickgunn.com/standard/

The speed control is in two parts; an outer screw-knob that'll
increase/decrease the speed (constant), and an inner knob that you
pull/push which I assume would work as the "brake". I can't figure out
how it's supposed to work though, as it doesn't push the inside lever
against the governor plate to stop it, and doesn't really do anything.
I'm thinking that there's a part missing that allows this inner brass
lever to move back and forth to brake the governor? The photos at the
above link should clarify this.

Thanks!
Patrick
Vancouver, BC