I can't help it, Dave. It has a timed-release drug that makes me crave it every
6 weeks. I swear I will never go back, and six weeks later I need a fix....
John

David Dazer <dda...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Hi John,
If I left a pile of model O reproducers sitting in my car, I doubt anyone
around here would know what they were, much less take even one of them. Funny
how we think everyone must value things the way we do. There are cars on the
street worth less than a good model O, yet most people would not see them that
way. Your story is indeed sad. I mean the part about eating McDonalds....
Dave Dazer

john robles wrote:
Hey everyone.
A friend just recently asked me about a model O reproducer..I have a horror
story I would like to submit for your post-hallowe'en reading.
I once bought an Amberola 8 for about $375 that was advertised as being 2/4
minute. I knew it should only be 4 minute, but the reason I bought it was that
the reproducer in the carriage was a model O, rather than a Diamond B. I
figured I could replace it with a Diamond B and resell the machine, recoup my
money, and in that way basically get a free model O reproducer! Well, as it
turned out, it WAS a 2/4 Amberola. The gear change stud was not locked in the 4
minute position, and moved in and out, effectively making the machine a 2/4
minute machine. Maybe someone put a Fireside motor in, but the plate said
Amberola VIII. All that doesn't matter.
What does matter is that I took the Model O, which was a very nice iron/brass
or good pot metal one, with me in the car one day, can't remember why, but I
was on my way to the eye doctor. I didn't want to leave the O in plain sight,
so I put it in the McDonald's bag from my lunch. I went in to the eye doctor,
came out about an hour later, started the car, and decided to throw away my
lunch trash before I left. Later in the week, I was looking for the O, and
remembered I had left it in the car. With horror, I realized it was in my
McDonald's bag..that I had thrown in the trash. I ruched back to the eye
doctor's office, but this was days after I threw it out. It was gone. I felt
like someone punched me in the stomach!
Let's hear some more horror stories...
John Robles