Hello Steve
Your solicitor should not have been able to get your email address from
Ebay without a transaction being involved. Ebay has forced people from
using their email address as their usernames to  minimize the unsolitced
emails  especially the ones asking for you to log in to Ebay using your
PW. I changes mine in the fall at the request of Ebay and ahead of their
forced deadline.

Were  you were soliticed previously about an auction  where they could
have obtained your email address and then solicit  as a different person.

BTW, haven't spoken to you in a while and  hope everything is fine.
Happy collecting,
Eric