Folks,

Just a couple of notes from the list-meister.

Respect copyrights: Please do not post articles from newspapers,
magazines, etc. It is a violation of copyright law. Remember, not
only does the post land in your email, it also is automagically
loaded up on the internet in our public archive. The proper way to
relay the article is to simply provide the link back to the original
source (Fair Use also allows you to quote a small portion of the text
if you wish). I'm not a big fan of receiving nasty letters from
corporate lawyers ;)

Photo attachments: At this time, you can't post photo attachments on
the list. I have filters that intercept posts containing attachments
of any type (although a photo post snuck through a while back). Photo
attachments mess with the digest version of the list and make life
miserable for our dial-up users. Even though each post is scanned for
viruses, it provides an extra level of protection to simply ban all
attachments. There are plenty of free photo upload sites - use 'em
for your photos and reference the link in your email.

Repository update: Yes, I'm still working on it. Recent family
matters put me behind the eight-ball (everything's fine), but I'll be
back on it this week!

Loran
hmmm - so even though i provided the article, fully credited and
intact, it's uncool?  that's sort of odd, i think, especially since
they provide an "email this article" feature...but i agree, better
safe than sorry, for list moms!

the main reason i posted it was because i knew most of our members
wouldn't be able to figure out how to view it otherwise, because NYT
requires a basic sign-in to occur.

-- peter