I have enjoyed reading about all the old cars owned by
list members.  I really liked seeing Ken's Model A
with Nipper radiator cap and appreciate what it takes
to make a 400+ mile trip in an car approaching eighty
years old!  DeeDee and I have two terrific cars living
in our garage.  My car is a 1965 poppy red Mustang.
It was purchased new by my Dad and delivered in
November, 1964.  I earned my license in that car on
May 10th, 1968.  Dad was rather thrifty so there's no
power steering or brakes or even backup lights.  What
it does have is a 289 V8, 4-speed and it's a Fastback.
 A few years ago, Dan Melvin and I attended an OTAPS
meeting in Medford.  While there we visited a
collector that was downsizing and purchased numerous
Zonophone horns, a couple of small machines and even
considered loading an Amberola 75.  It now has new
interior so an Amberola is out of the question but I'd
still fit in a good horn or two.  DeeDee's car is a
1965 Porsche 356C.  I always thought a music teacher
should drive something cute and pudgy and she looks
like a million bucks in the old Porsche tub.  If
there's a Victrola XVIII at an estate sale down a long
curly road, this is the rig to take.  I don't know how
we'd load it but it will get there in a hurry. The
Corvette would be tough to beat but for 75hp, the
Porsche is more fun per horse power than any car I
have ever driven.    Happy Collecting & Motoring,
Jerry & DeeDee Blais

FareChase.
http://farechase.yahoo.com/