The following message has been posted by the Outreach Committee of the
Association for Recorded Sound Collections (ARSC). If you have any
questions, please click on the link or e-mail address below.

--- 2008 ARSC CONFERENCE: CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS ---

Proposal deadline: September 10, 2007

ARSC invites submissions of program proposals for its 42nd annual conference
in Palo Alto, California, March 26-29, 2008.

ARSC is dedicated to the preservation and study of sound recordings -- in
all genres of music and speech, in all formats, and from all periods -- and
welcomes program proposals on any aspect of recorded sound of interest to
our community of collectors, historians, musicians, preservationists, and
archivists.

In general, we seek talks, papers, panel sessions, and demonstrations that
are informative and well organized, display a passion about their subjects,
and include compelling audio and/or visual content. For the 2008 conference,
we especially welcome presentations that showcase Stanford University and
the greater Bay Area.

The deadline for receipt (not postmark) of proposal submissions is September
10, 2007. Proposals will be acknowledged by e-mail. Presenters will be
notified of acceptance by November 30, 2007. According to ARSC policy,
presenters must register for the conference.

For more information or a proposal form, visit
http://www.arsc-audio.org/conference2008.html or contact David Giovannoni,
ARSC Program Committee Chair, at dgio-a...@comcast.net.