It also looks like it has been refinished.
  Dave

Glenn Longwell <majesticrec...@snet.net> wrote:
  Hi - someone had sent me some pictures of an Edison Standard they are looking
to potentially sell. I have posted one of the pictures on my website at:
http://www.majesticrecord.com/standard.htm

It's a Model B but has the horizontal carriage with large eye. I'm not an
expert on this but I'd like to confirm that no other modification needed to be
done to put this carriage on the Model B. It's a Model C reproducer,
unfortunately with a broken hinge pin. Any comments on age of horn? Is this a
reproduction? Why would someone set it up this way other than that this was the
only carriage available to them at the time so that's what was used. It has
been this way since at least 1981.

Thanks,
Glenn