Greg, et.al. -- The fact that Morgan contracted Edison to invent metered power
is the reason he dropped research on the phonograph like a hot potato in 1878
and plunged full on into the light bulb, etc.

Wifey started out in life with a degree in psychology and a job as a state-paid
social worker.  Her specialization was in vocational testing.  In order to make
ends meet, she took a part-time second job at a credit call center.  Within a
short time, the credit people offered her a full-time job at better pay, enough
she could actually live on.  That was 35 years ago . . . the rest is history.
She started out with the best intentions, but couldn't live on a social workers
salary.  She's not  a CEO and while well-paid, is pretty far down the GE totem
pole.  She is gone out of state all week long and only home on weekends, not a
life-style we recommend to anybody.  She would be the first to agree with you
about over-paid executives.  Nothing you say would offend.  As Edward Abbey
wrote: "Capitalism: Growth for the sake of growth -- the ideology of the cancer
cell."  We're both old hippies.  John