The arguments against ebay are very reasonable. They have grown to a
monster that will eat anyone around.
But honestly, as a collector in Europe, what should I do? There are
no other -global- auction or market places around to reach people and
to find stuff I am collecting. Of course, I am addicted to them and
would welcome a true competitor but there is no alternative platform
around I know that offers worldwide access and reaches the
poeple.Craigslist is nice but was always made to support local
business - that is not option for me.

A boycott would mean to virtually stop collecting, except for my few
US vacations while other (local) collectors would be feasting 24/7.
At this time, there is no alternative for me. However yes, ebay sucks.

I see the severe problems via ebay but as long no international
alternative supplier comes around, eBay will liekly keep its position.

Norman

ps.: ebay owns about 25% of Craiglist.