Gents,

   Bob, you're right E-bay doesn't care about you...or me or Tom, Dick or
Harry, but they do care about all of us together. That's the only way to
make a difference-a large (and noisy enough block of buyers and sellers need
to make their feelings known.
   Yes they have gotten to big and complacent. I agree with Douglas-it's the
middle management bookkeeper types who are trying to squeeze every penny out
the clientele. That seems to be S.O.P. these days. They seem to have
forgotten lower price per unit means more units sold, means more profit!
  Yes the buyers are the key, we need to at least begin looking for options,
the sellers will follow. The antique hobbies are now a smaller part of E-Bay
than they once were. They know that too, just look at their advertising.
That could be an opportunity for us. But Tim you can't compare them to the
old Ma Bell, The old Telephone Company provided us with the best telephone
service in the world. So if we phono-nuts all leave and find a new viable
option and E-Bay stays the same-so what, good for them! We at least won't
need to deal with them.
   Norman, I'm with you, I don't really have to many other options myself.
Without E-Bay I wouldn't have one tenth of what I have phonographic-wise
without it. I couldn't do without as things stand right now. Brantley, I too
have met some very good people through E-Bay so it's not all bad, if it was
I'd be gone, but it's up to the clientele to force the issue. To
paraphrase-We get the E-bay we deserve....

Regards,
John B.