The correspondence below refers to a DD 250 that came out of the original
owner's home.  Max is a friend of mine and not the owner.  Thought the list
might find it interesting.  I did send "Joe" copies of the relevant pages
from the Frow DD book.

Bob

"Max,

I found the manual for the Edison player inside the machine last night.   I
followed its instructions on oiling and greasing the machine.  It does run a
little quieter now.   I also set up the automatic shut off, which had been
disengaged.

Included was the shipping list -- I can determine now that the C 19 stamped
on the plate meant it was a Chippendale model -- I suppose they had several
models of cabinets.

But the most interesting thing I found is something I hadn't noticed.
Someone had written their name in the machine.  At first I thought it must
be to identify its owner, but it had a date under it.  Last night I realized
it was probably an autograph.   It reads "Marie Morrisey/ 1921."

I googled the name.  Turns out Ms. Morrisey was a singer who recorded for
Edison -- but also traveled with the machines to perform "Tone Tests."

I found an ad describing what she did on these tours here:
http://fultonhistory.com/Process%20small/Newspapers/Oswego%20Palladium/Osweg
o%20Palladium%20Oct-Dec%201922%20pdf/Newspaper%20%20Oswego%20Palladium%20Oct
-Dec%201922%20-%200088.pdf

Interesting -- at least to me -- and since you've expressed some interest in
the machine, I thought you and Bob might also find it interesting, too.

Joe"