From: zucc...@comcast.net
To: PhonoList <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Mon, Dec 28, 2009 6:00 pm
Subject: [Phono-L] Hello Everyone and Cradenza backboard needed

Hello everyone on Phono-L:

I am a new subscriber to Phono-L and would like to introduce myself.  I live in
Vermont and am primarily a collector of records (1920s hot dance & jazz, as
well
as film soundtrack and early radio discs) but I have a few machines and love
listening to them.

Victor Credenza story: I always took with a grain of salt any story I heard
about how wonderful it was to listen to early electrical records on a Victor
Credenza preferring to use my nice Numark turntable, a truncated 2.5 mil
stylus,
my Souvenir noise reduction unit, and nice, quiet amp.  I was quite vocal about
this too whenever the subject of playing records and cylinders on original
equipment came up for discussion.  But then I heard a scroll Victor "Gems from
Rio Rita" played on a friend's Credenza , one that had been properly restored ,
and I couldn't believe the warmth and depth of the sound. I bought one and
restored it and while I wouldn't play my best store stock records on it, I do
have several crates of late '20s scroll Victors that listen to on the big
machine.

That leads me to a request.  I have acquired a second full-sized Credenza that
is without its backboard and wonder if anyone on the list might have one
available so I can complete its restoration.  If you do, please contact me
privately at

zuccawt @comcast.net

Best regards to everyone and Happy New Year.

Bill Zucca