Greetings Andy:

Did Edison say that?  What a genius ! ! !

I had used the reproduction M parts on other restorations for fellow
collectors but a few hours on a lathe and a vertical mill are all that are
needed
to make most Edison parts.  I just made the double belt pulley which
required new formed cutting tools for the leather belt crowns and other custom
curved surfaces.  This time I won't loose them in case I ever have to make more
parts again.  One other M part was missing from the box after 44 years and
that was the solid brass mandrel and steel mandrel shaft with pulley so I
will have to make those also.  Making these parts tells me a lot about why
Edison phonographs cost so much.  The 0.625" x 100 tpi flame hardened mandrel
shaft thread is fun...

BTW -  I hope someone on this list got the M topworks on eBay last month.
It would be nice to know that it went to someone who both appreciates it and
will put it onto a machine correct for it.

Regards to all,

Al