Does this attachment fit an Edison disc machine? Sounds just like one that I have

To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Sent: Tue, April 27, 2010 4:29:08 PM
Subject: [Phono-L] Dual Lateral/Vertical Reproducer

Hello - I found a dual lateral/vertical reproducer in an antique shop today. It was in a box of "accessories" for a floor model Victrola XI. I asked if they would part with just that piece and managed to buy it pretty reasonably. It has what appears to be a Bakelite diaphragm - it's opaque brown. The needle holder has two holes - one in line with the diaphragm for the lateral records, and one angled for vertical cut records. Its backing has two L-tubes that can be twisted around to position the reproducer for the appropriate record type. When in position for a vertical cut record the diaphragm is positioned face down horizontal to the turntable - as with an Ultona. It's not an Ultona, but I don't see any markings indicating what company manufactured this piece. I was hoping someone would recognize it by this description and might know something more about it.