Hi, The seller is correct.  That particular machine is a Model B circa 1906. 
This was obselete because by that time the lyric reproducer came out. Columbia 
had an overstock of these machines and horns, and they went through Sears and 
Roebuck to offer special deals to the public. Another Harvard cylinder machine 
consists of an AQ(trivet machine)with a small brass bell horn. This came out in 
1908. Columbia made a series of disk machines from 1905 - 1910. They are housed 
in very attractive cabinets. You can find further info in reproduction Sears 
catalogs, 1906, 1908, 1909, and Sears collecitbles 1905 -1910. The best one is 
the Sears collectibles 1905 - 1910. I hope this helps.Gook luck, Harvey Kravitz




________________________________
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Fri, August 20, 2010 2:11:17 PM
Subject: [Phono-L] Harvard Phonograph

It's been a while since I posted anything but can you all tell me if there is a 
Harvard Phonograph?I had a cone shaped 28" long horn black with gold stripes, 
for sale on ebay and had no clue as to what it went to. I got an email from a 
guy that said it went to a Harvard Phonograph. He said it was a Columbia model 
B 
with a floor stand for the horn. I looked in my books and only found a Harvard 
Jr. 

_______________________________________________
Phono-L mailing list
http://phono-l.oldcrank.org



      
_______________________________________________
Phono-L mailing list
http://phono-l.oldcrank.org

Reply via email to