Thanks Bruce for the response.....its our first phonograph and we are happy
to have it.  Next step is to find someone to repair the turntable.

-----Original Message-----
From: phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org] On
Behalf Of bruce78...@comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:37 PM
To: Antique Phonograph List
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Widdicomb

The cabinet looks very nice. but there does not appear to be any other
unique feature that really makes it special or separates it or makes it more
special then any of the other countless Phonograph Marketing wanabees, that
chose to enter the field and compete against the big three (Victor,
Columbia, and Edison), as well as the more established and successful firms
like Sonora or Pathe etc. Thus this firm and its phonographs went the way of
the DoDo bird within a very short time span. How many were sold and how many
still remain in existence, it left up to speculation.

Bruce