From: Vinyl Visions <vinyl.visi...@live.com>
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Pathe
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Date: Saturday, March 12, 2011, 5:06 PM

John,

What you really need is the little Pathe tabletop machine - I am not sure what
model - that has what looks like an external horn sticking out of the front
just below the turntable. It kind of reminds you of an old fashioned wood box
coffee grinder - taller than it is wide. That is a great looking machine and
very unusual.

I'm with you, I appreciate all phonographs, but am not a big fan of large floor
models. That being said, there is one other external horn Pathe that I would
love - it is a large floor model machine probably used in public venues - I
think coin op - that has a very large horn on a long neck - it looks like it
could be six feet tall. Again, I am not sure of the model, but it is probably a
very expensive machine. I really like Pathe's - they seem to have a Rube
Goldberg essence about them...

Curt